Quantcast

Making quantlib in Linux Ubuntu

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Making quantlib in Linux Ubuntu

superfhp
Hi,
when I maked the quantlib on Ubuntu16.04 , the Making process hang when it was building the examples, with the information following:

Making all in Examples
make[1]: Entering directory '/usr/local/QuantLib-1.8.1/Examples'
Making all in BasketLosses
make[2]: Entering directory '/usr/local/QuantLib-1.8.1/Examples/BasketLosses'
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../ql  -I../.. -I../.. -I/usr/local/include/boost  -g -O2 -MT BasketLosses.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/BasketLosses.Tpo -c -o BasketLosses.o BasketLosses.cpp

so , how to resolve?

thanks and waiting for the response.

Hank Fu


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Developer Access Program for Intel Xeon Phi Processors
Access to Intel Xeon Phi processor-based developer platforms.
With one year of Intel Parallel Studio XE.
Training and support from Colfax.
Order your platform today. http://sdm.link/xeonphi
_______________________________________________
QuantLib-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/quantlib-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Making quantlib in Linux Ubuntu

Dirk Eddelbuettel

On 3 November 2016 at 10:25, superfhp wrote:
| Hi,
| when I maked the quantlib on Ubuntu16.04 , the Making process hang when it was
| building the examples, with the information following:
|
| Making all in Examples
| make[1]: Entering directory '/usr/local/QuantLib-1.8.1/Examples'
| Making all in BasketLosses
| make[2]: Entering directory '/usr/local/QuantLib-1.8.1/Examples/BasketLosses'
| g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../ql  -I../.. -I../.. -I/usr/local/include/boost
|  -g -O2 -MT BasketLosses.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/BasketLosses.Tpo -c -o
| BasketLosses.o BasketLosses.cpp
|
| so , how to resolve?
|
| thanks and waiting for the response.

a) We need more details.

b) QuantLib is in Ubuntu. Just 'apt-get install libquantlib0-dev'
   This gets you the version from the corresponding Ubuntu release.
   For 16.04, this would be 1.7.1. Ready to install.

c) Because I need QL for the RQuantLib package, I also have more
   recent packages build via my PPA at
   https://launchpad.net/~edd/+archive/ubuntu/misc/+index

Dirk

--
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | [hidden email]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Developer Access Program for Intel Xeon Phi Processors
Access to Intel Xeon Phi processor-based developer platforms.
With one year of Intel Parallel Studio XE.
Training and support from Colfax.
Order your platform today. http://sdm.link/xeonphi
_______________________________________________
QuantLib-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/quantlib-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Making quantlib in Linux Ubuntu

superfhp
Hihi,
my ubuntu envrioment is off-line of the internet because of some limitations.
so,I have to install the quantlib by using the tarball.
I use the Quantlib 1.8.1, boost 1.61.
this is my checking list:

ubuntu@ubuntu:/usr/local/QuantLib-1.8.1$ ./configure --with-boost-include=/usr/local/include
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /bin/mkdir -p
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... mawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
checking whether make supports nested variables... yes
checking for gawk... (cached) mawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler works... yes
checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether we are cross compiling... no
checking for suffix of object files... o
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
checking whether gcc understands -c and -o together... yes
checking for style of include used by make... GNU
checking dependency style of gcc... gcc3
checking for g++... g++
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... yes
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of g++... gcc3
checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -E
checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking how to print strings... printf
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /bin/grep
checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
checking for fgrep... /bin/grep -F
checking for ld used by gcc... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for BSD- or MS-compatible name lister (nm)... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking the name lister (/usr/bin/nm -B) interface... BSD nm
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 1572864
checking how to convert x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu file names to x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu format... func_convert_file_noop
checking how to convert x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu file names to toolchain format... func_convert_file_noop
checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking for objdump... objdump
checking how to recognize dependent libraries... pass_all
checking for dlltool... no
checking how to associate runtime and link libraries... printf %s\n
checking for ar... ar
checking for archiver @FILE support... @
checking for strip... strip
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output from gcc object... ok
checking for sysroot... no
checking for a working dd... /bin/dd
checking how to truncate binary pipes... /bin/dd bs=4096 count=1
checking for mt... mt
checking if mt is a manifest tool... no
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking for objdir... .libs
checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... no
checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC -DPIC
checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC -DPIC works... yes
checking if gcc static flag -static works... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes
checking whether the gcc linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports shared libraries... yes
checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate
checking whether stripping libraries is possible... yes
checking if libtool supports shared libraries... yes
checking whether to build shared libraries... yes
checking whether to build static libraries... yes
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
checking for ld used by g++... /usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) is GNU ld... yes
checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports shared libraries... yes
checking for g++ option to produce PIC... -fPIC -DPIC
checking if g++ PIC flag -fPIC -DPIC works... yes
checking if g++ static flag -static works... yes
checking if g++ supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if g++ supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes
checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports shared libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... (cached) GNU/Linux ld.so
checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate
checking for asinh... yes
checking for Boost development files... yes
checking for Boost version >= 1.43... yes
checking for Boost::uBLAS support... yes
checking for Boost unit-test framework... yes
checking whether Boost unit-test streams work... yes
checking long long support... yes
checking for emacs... no
checking for xemacs... no
checking where .elc files should go... ${datadir}/emacs/site-lisp
checking for doxygen... no
checking for sed... (cached) /bin/sed
checking for latex... no
checking for pdflatex... no
checking for makeindex... no
checking for dvips... no
checking whether to add file and line information to errors... no
checking whether to add function information to errors... no
checking whether to enable tracing... no
checking whether to enable indexed coupons... no
checking whether to enable negative rates... yes
checking whether to enable extra safety checks... no
checking whether to enable sessions... no
checking whether to enable thread-safe observer pattern... no
checking whether to enable parallel unit test runner... no
checking whether to install examples... no
checking whether to install the benchmark... no
checking whether to enable intraday date and daycounters... no
checking that generated files are newer than configure... done

and, what kind of more detail information do you need?
thank you for helping  me.
Hank Fu






At 2016-11-03 10:35:01, "Dirk Eddelbuettel" <[hidden email]> wrote: > >On 3 November 2016 at 10:25, superfhp wrote: >| Hi, >| when I maked the quantlib on Ubuntu16.04 , the Making process hang when it was >| building the examples, with the information following: >| >| Making all in Examples >| make[1]: Entering directory '/usr/local/QuantLib-1.8.1/Examples' >| Making all in BasketLosses >| make[2]: Entering directory '/usr/local/QuantLib-1.8.1/Examples/BasketLosses' >| g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../ql -I../.. -I../.. -I/usr/local/include/boost >| -g -O2 -MT BasketLosses.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/BasketLosses.Tpo -c -o >| BasketLosses.o BasketLosses.cpp >| >| so , how to resolve? >| >| thanks and waiting for the response. > >a) We need more details. > >b) QuantLib is in Ubuntu. Just 'apt-get install libquantlib0-dev' > This gets you the version from the corresponding Ubuntu release. > For 16.04, this would be 1.7.1. Ready to install. > >c) Because I need QL for the RQuantLib package, I also have more > recent packages build via my PPA at > https://launchpad.net/~edd/+archive/ubuntu/misc/+index > >Dirk > >-- >http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | [hidden email]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Developer Access Program for Intel Xeon Phi Processors
Access to Intel Xeon Phi processor-based developer platforms.
With one year of Intel Parallel Studio XE.
Training and support from Colfax.
Order your platform today. http://sdm.link/xeonphi
_______________________________________________
QuantLib-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/quantlib-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Making quantlib in Linux Ubuntu

Dirk Eddelbuettel

On 3 November 2016 at 11:06, superfhp wrote:
| Hihi,
| my ubuntu envrioment is off-line of the internet because of some limitations.
| so,I have to install the quantlib by using the tarball.
| I use the Quantlib 1.8.1, boost 1.61.

You make no sense. EITHER your computer is "of[f] the internet" OR you have
the ability to download sources (as you did for Boost or QL).

The builds work for all of us, as evidenced by the autobuilders and lack of
issues.  We cannot tell you what is wrong as your emails lack details. (And
NO, please DO NOT take that as invitations to scatter-shot send more
incomplete message here or to private mail addresses).

I look after the binaries to make it easy to get them. So I say use them. QL
1.7.1 is in your Ubuntu distro (see below), for 1.8.1 use this one-line file:

   edd@max:~$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/edd-ubuntu-misc.list
   deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/edd/misc/ubuntu xenial main
   # deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/edd/misc/ubuntu utopic main
   edd@max:~$

Help for details on PPA (if you want keys etc) are at launchpad.net.

Dirk


| At 2016-11-03 10:35:01, "Dirk Eddelbuettel" <[hidden email]> wrote:
| >a) We need more details.
| >
| >b) QuantLib is in Ubuntu. Just 'apt-get install libquantlib0-dev'
| >   This gets you the version from the corresponding Ubuntu release.
| >   For 16.04, this would be 1.7.1. Ready to install.
| >
| >c) Because I need QL for the RQuantLib package, I also have more
| >   recent packages build via my PPA at
| >   https://launchpad.net/~edd/+archive/ubuntu/misc/+index
| >
| >Dirk
| >
| >--
| >http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | [hidden email]
|

--
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | [hidden email]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Developer Access Program for Intel Xeon Phi Processors
Access to Intel Xeon Phi processor-based developer platforms.
With one year of Intel Parallel Studio XE.
Training and support from Colfax.
Order your platform today. http://sdm.link/xeonphi
_______________________________________________
QuantLib-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/quantlib-users
Loading...